Check out my HEMI

The sound is better than any piece of ass you'll ever have.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Who is the top dog of them all?



I just got back from the bathroom. As I was washing my hands looking into the mirror I couldn't help but say to myself "Mi Jesus! You sure look handsome today!" It's casual Friday around these here parts, and I'm wearing a brown sweater, a nice pair of jeans, and my brown drinking shoes that I have had to wash puke off of on more than one painful morning. I'm probably a week or two overdue for a haircut, but it's looking just fine today, like it was meant to keep growing to exactly this length. Somehow the hood on my coat left my hair with a texture that is quite pleasing to my eye. The after workout muscle swell just slightly stretches the sweater against me. It's like my sweater is hugging me and saying "Thanks for just being you.". It's days like this that I most feel bad for all of the lonely unfulfilled ladies out there longing for something more, longing to be Katrina'd, that I am just one man, a man that they can't have.

Is there a difference between 'arrogant' and 'conceited'? I'm thinking that 'conceited' best describes the author of the above paragraph, but just to be safe, 'arrogant' should probably be worked in as well. Now for the noun to use in place of my own name: prick? Nah...well, I won't throw that out just yet. Asshole? There has to be something better. Douchebag? Yes, but it's a bit overused. Wait, I have it: TWIT.

You may have read the first paragraph and said to yourself "What an arrogant, conceited twit! What is he, on cocaine?" Sadly, the answer is no. I'm not sure what the hell's going on with me today, but I really want to start drinking. What I do know, however, is that the Pistons are awesome.

Last night the Pistons absolutely crushed the Lakers. It was one of those games where the final score did not indicate the beat down that took place. Webber was awesome again, going for 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 assists. Some of his passes were Magic Johnson-esque last night, going to Pistons for easy dunks. Los Angeles Laker player Kobe Bryant had this to say:
"He's a phenomenal passer. It's fun to watch him, unless you are actually trying to stop him."
What about Tayshaun (the Battleship's dawg)? 20, 6, and 4. Sheed (my dawg)? 18, 10, and 2. Rip? 16, 7, and 3. Chauncey only scored 6 points last night, but he did have 9 assists.

There's a long way to go this season, but that game last night really sent me into Pistons overdrive. We're starting to look like the best team in the East again, despite occasional bedshittings like the one the Battleship and I witnessed in DC last week. The bottom line is that we have looked progressively better every week with Webber. I'm not sure how much better we are going to be by the playoffs, but I firmly believe that this Pistons team is capable of being better than any of the ones with Ben Wallace.

Bon weekend!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Sarah D. said…

    Hey douche (my preferred nomenclature) - Since you're already hankering for a beverage and I'm already hankering for a beverage, maybe we should try to make plans and drink said beverages together. E-mail me, toolbox (another specialty). -S

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Neil said…

    even though the pistons are my beloved bulls' arch rivals (you guys remember the arcade game of that name?), i can't help but like this iteration of the pistons. they're a likable bunch. with the way the bulls are refusing to improve, i figure i'll be rooting for the pistons into the later rounds of the playoffs.

    being a boy who also bleeds Blue, it warms the cockles of my heart to see webber come home and once again become relevant. no. downright good. and i hate to say this, but should the pistons find themselves in any closely-contested game 7s down the stretch this spring, i hope for the good of us all, that webber is entrenched in his seat on the bench. i can't handle seeing another meltdown; and frankly, i really don't think he can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Older Posts